Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Journey Begins

I started this blog site to aid me in my pursuit to get back in shape. Even just a year ago I was in terrific shape, I worked out 6 mornings a week, ran, played rugby, I even ran a couple half marathons. Now that I'm raising a child I've definitely lost focus of that whole fit life. When you live with a pregnant woman your eating habits change, your free time activites change too.. not that it's any excuse. The biggest killer was waking up with a baby in the middle of the night.. the last thing you wanna do is workout! Now that I am at home with my daughter most days, cleaning, doing laundry blah blah blah.. you know what I mean I have found a bit of extra free time. I will be having another child in March, since carrying around a 20lb child can be a strain I thought the idea of holding both of them at the same time would be impossible. Its time to reclaim my old physique! Next summer I'll be home to run another half marathon with my best friend Matt, I'm definitely not ready for that. Sad part is I was the one that convinced him running is the best thing you can do for yourself, now he could easily leave me in his dust while I lay puking on the side of the road.

So all that being said I'm ready to start working again.. so what am I going to do? Go to the gym? Uhh lets see.. baby all day long, and working several hours most nights. That could work but i dont think leaving a 5month pregnant woman alone for hours on end with a rambunctious 8month old would be appreciated!
I ended up barrowing the P90X Ultimate home fitness system from my brother. He didnt really do the program, he actually borrowed it from his friend, yeah your right! He didnt do the program either... but you know who is? THIS GUY. You couldnt see it but there were just two thumbs pointed back at me!
P90X starts first thing in the morning! Its gonna be really really rough! If you wanna know what p90x is or how it works or if it could work for you just keep up with my blog and youll see.

We all know the hardest part of getting in shape is being committed. That is extremely hard to do when YOU are the only one who cares if you get in shape! So if I sent you the link to this blog it means im asking for your help to keep me on task! This program is 6 days a week so encourage me! And bust my balls if I dont write on here even a single day!

As soon as I figure out how to get photos on this thing ill post the dreaded "before" photos, along with a photo of what i looked like a year ago so you can see how far out of shape ive gotten!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck!! You can do it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Tonypants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with this. Let me know how P90X works for you. It's funny, I started reading at the 11/4 blog and was wondering if this was a P90X blog -- yep!

    What half-marathon are you looking to run back home?

    I have a couple more 5K's I am doing this year, then I want to start training for 10 and 15K's to maybe get up to half-marathon range by summer.

    Anyhow, you have started - so that's a great first step. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend Tracy convinced me to run a half a few years ago, and i was literally like are you Crazy ive never ran more than 10 in my life and i was in great shape. after a week of nagging i did it. Best thing i ever did. Sunburst: Hall of fame to notre dame. it was awesome. the best part is finishing in notre dame stadium. This summer will be my third.
    http://www.sunburstraces.org/

    ReplyDelete