Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day13-18 Im a total slacker

So you may wonder where i have been and if i have given up.
Around and Uhhhh kind of? Not really?

Truth is i completely fell apart last Saturday, that was my Kenpo day.. which i actually like alot, but life got a hold of me and i put off the workout till the afternoon. As most people know procrastination simply leads to failure. So obviously i didnt do the workout and wanted to do it the next day but that didnt work either. by monday i was back on track doing all the other workouts and well thought i could do a two a day but i gotta tell ya bustin my ass at those workouts then taking care of baby and house work.. didnt quite have the energy to do another workout. Dont worry though ill make it up! I dont want to leave even a single workout not done. What can i say i conquered if i skip?
You will be happy to know though that I have kept up with all the other workouts and am actually right on track.. sans Saturday Kenpo.

Id like to take a moment to draw attention to one of my great friends who has been rooting for me since the beginning. This person has been sending texts messages every morning to make sure i was actually working out!
Not only does this person rock for his encouragement but also his own personal triumph! He started weight watchers about a year ago and is now running about 4miles a day! I dont even run that much! He should be the one doing a blog encouraging people. JR take a bow!!! (hes gonna kill me for posting these pics!)
JR has been a "big guy" since i met him in '99 and from what i know before then! Hes now lost about 125lbs and is a slender 168! Thats less than me! WAY TO GO MAN!

BEFORE


AFTER


So if you read this be sure to leave a comment and tell JR how impressed you are.. even if you dont know him.

7 comments:

  1. Way to go man! Seriously you impress me! Im gonna stop whining about how i cant give up snacks now!
    If you can stay committed for over a year i can workout for three little months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's way awesome! It takes dedication and once you've done it you definitely want to help others. good job and keep on Tony ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go JR! Glad to see you posting again Tony, lol.. I was wondering where you've been!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JR is the man, but I think that goes without saying--i'm beyond impressed with how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Bro, err Son, and not to mention numerous other nicknames that shall not be mentioned.

    Thanks for the shout out. I am flattered. Still kind of speechless, though, but I really don't know what to say when anyone says anything about it. Mainly, because, until recently - I didn't notice that I looked much different. Anyhow, thanks. I still have roughly 17 pounds to go before I hit my goal, but I will get there - I am sure of it.

    Just commit to the process and have faith that your journey will take you where you need to go. My biggest regret is not making these lifestyle changes sooner - like high school or college - but, regardless I am still trying to figure out how to "Pay It Forward." I finally know what it's like to "feel good" and be off of all medications - and want to make sure, without being the annoying preachy guy, the people I care about are taking care of themselves, too. Also, knowing having a support group is important - that's why you get annoying text messages from me when I remember - or (not so) subtle Facebook status updates by me - on the chance that it helps.

    Anyhow, don't really know what to say - and I have probably written way too much the way it is. So thanks.

    But, I still need to get a cheap plug in to encourage everyone to check out and sign up for http://www.theocm.org.

    Anyhow, thanks bro.

    J.R.

    PS - Fortner doesn't think I will be able to pull off Silent Bob anymore. I say we need a Mark, Tony, J.R., and more reunion sometime to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good call! Yeah no one is gonna buy silent bob anymore. Maybe sometime this coming year we can have like a 97-2003 or so reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy shit JR. That's incredible. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete