Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 4: XXX Yoga?

Pretty darn good title for my blog right? Ok so maybe its not a triple X, but it sure gets your attention huh? Tony Horton likes to put an X after every single workout just to let you know its EXTREME!!! I kind of laughed at first. Especially when he crosses his arms in an X and gets that crazy look in his eye like Norman Bates from Psycho and says, " Its X cause its EXTREME baby!"
Sometimes i think this dude has sadomasochistic tendencies or even gets a hard on from killing himself. Either way probably still the guy you want whipping you into shape!

So Yoga X, yeah you got it.. only one X. It is extreme! I dont know about most people but im not very flexible and any flexibility that i might have had left me almost a year ago. Even if you are flexible this crap is hard.
I mean really! Ive power-lifted, done super-sets to pure exhaustion muscles quivering. Yoga is probably harder. Lifting something for a couple seconds with explosive power, hard. Contorting your body into an unfamiliar position stretching as far as you can while standing on one leg? Thats hard enough! K, now hold that for a whole minute? On the plus side I already feel more flexible than yesterday, especially since im super sore from everything else this week. I can see how this yoga crap sure does have a lot of benefits!

Getting out of bed today was definitely rough.. yeah 6:30 was the goal.. ill let you guys take bets on what time i actually got out of bed today. Ill give you a hint though.. i had to deal with my little monkey for the whole hour and a half. And if you are even a little unclear im talking about my daughter! Thank God for Pack & Plays!

Thanks again for all the support, hittin up my facebook, commenting on here, you guys rock.. and JR, love you dude, thanks for encouraging me with those 5 texts in a row this morning! Annoying for sure but in the end gets the job done.. Thanks Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment