Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 1: Is P90X hard?

The very first day of the P90X journey is in the bag.. well sort of, i think some of it missed the bag!
The first day is Chest & Back with an ab exercise. The workout is a repeat, you do everything once through then all over again. The first part was easy, you're told to "pace yourself" for the first half then "bring it for the second". Well, I either didn't pace it, or brought it too hard!

I thought the first half went pretty easy, muscles got a tad tired with all the push ups and such, but with about four exercises to go i started to feel really strange. All of a sudden im dizzy, feel like i could puke, cant catch my breath. This threw me cause its never happened to me before.
Well i had to stop, went outside and laid on the cold cement for about ten minutes.
I used to giggle a little at my friend Matt when we used to run together. He used to have high blood pressure and seemed like he felt exactly the same way i did today. Im used to just working it hard when i exercise, i just work till my muscles wont. It never occurred to me that my cardio was so bad that i could actually pass out! Needless to say i was brought down a few notches and wont ever make fun of anyone no matter how hard they are or arent working.
Eventually my daughter woke up and was a bit of a butt, not sure what her deal was, but she whined alot. Made it pretty hard to finish the work out. Even though I had to stop the workout like a wimp, I guess i redeemed a sliver of my dignity by actually finishing it.
So is P90X hard? Yes! and No. While you are doing it Tony Horton tells you to just do as much as you can do, and dont be afraid to take a rest. So as long as you listen to him and dont try to kill yourself its manageable.

Well with that workout over im off to do the regular: Dishes, Laundry, Cleaning, taking care of a particularly stubborn child today.

Thanks for all the support guys!

1 comment:

  1. Don't kill urself!! :D Good job for finishing!! WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete