Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 2: Plyometric failure

After almost killing myself yesterday I thought I'd take it easier today.. not that I had a choice!
When Tony Horton starts breathing hard and dripping with sweat you know this crap is tough!
I was doing ok till about 15-20 minutes in, then the heart rate jumped up and the heavy breathing and heart pounding set in. So after that when Tony said, If you want modify to make it easier, and when he said, if you need to, hit pause take, a short break.. all i could respond with was.. YOU GOT IT BUDDY!
I made it through the whole plyometrics video but it wasn't easy and I feel like a total wimp for not being able to keep up, but at least I finished. This workout definitely gets done every week for the next three months so I'll have plenty of time adapt I guess.

The hardest thing to adapt to is getting my diet back on track. I didn't realize how being home with the kid made me wanna grab a cookie from the kitchen every half hour!
For lunch this whole week I'm doing the Ryan Reynolds adapted fat shredding lunch. Its similiar to a diet he did while getting in shape for Blade Trinity. I use the term adaptation liberally since i turned it into just a salad with tuna.. bleh! but hey it works to fill you up, give you needed protein with little calories.
Dinner last night was grilled chicken, rice, and mixed veggies. So I'm doin good there. Besides I stopped living on energy drinks and only drink water, thats gotta make a difference in my waist and my bank account!

Just so everyone is aware the P90X program comes with a complete nutrition guide telling you exactly what to eat for every meal.. but I'm a pretty picky eater so that's not gonna happen! It also recommends using the P90X supplements, but I'm Just gonna do my protein shake, amino pills, and creatine.
Heck I mean come on I was too cheap to pay for the program let alone buy its supplements.
Well day two done.. im tried btw

No comments:

Post a Comment