Friday, January 15, 2010

Day: Who know what frickin day!




So everyone has been asking where i went, what happened to my blog? Well the simple answer is: i went to the couch. My blog was postponed till an undetermined time.
Why one would ask when i was so hyped on doing the whole thing, when i was so adamant about getting back in shape?
SCARLET FEVER thats why!
Shortly after my last post the whole family caught a cold, starting with Araelynn, then Beth, then Me. I decided to not work out while sick, figuring it would just make me more sick. Seemed like a common cold, only when everyone else started to get better i got progressively worse! Ending with last week all the skin on my entire body turned red and got a fever of about 102. Then i spent another week on the couch getting better, with the help of penicillin or course.
Im feeling alot better now and still have several days of antibiotics to go.

Here is the major dilemma!
Do i start working out on monday or should i take another week off?
I believe i will start the whole program over again from day 1. I only had a month to go but taking almost three weeks off definitely wasnt part of said program!
If i start all over again it should just make me even stronger, especially if i finally figure out a way to install a pull-up bar in this trailer.

So should i start over? and Should i start on Monday? I'd really like some advice on this one so PLEASE leave some comments.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, now I feel bad for sending you so many texts and giving you crap. Ok, I am over it - that was fast. Haha.

    I think starting over is a good idea. It will give your body the true program over the 90 days, instead of the unscheduled break.

    As for when to start, if you feel like you can do it, start ASAP, but if you are still sick hold off. Sweat is a great way to release toxins, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw - that was J.R. but posted as anonymous because I am here wishing I was as cool as Craig Ferguson and too lazy to get up and type on my real computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish i was as cool as Craig Ferguson too.. and JR dont sweat it cause my phone broke i havent gotten a text in a month or more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rule pretty much goes if you're sick from the neck up, go ahead and work out, if you're sick from the neck down, take more time off. So, basically if you just have a sore throat or something, you're probably good to go. If it's body aches though (unrelated to working out), relax a while more.

    I had a coach however, who told me that rule only applied if you were so OCD about working out that you'd wind up making yourself neurotic if you missed; if you're sick, your body is busy enough trying to get better and doesn't need to be diverting troops to repair your muscles too, he said.

    SO on that note, this becomes a question of your mind rather than your body - are you a neurotic nutwhack who is really just sick from the neck up (haha, no pun intended) and is probably going to gnaw off your own fist if you don't work out right now, or do you think you can contain yourself until you feel like you're actually well enough to get back in the saddle?

    I don't think it's going to kill you to start on Monday - and you probably haven't lost as much fitness as you think. Don't expect to be nailing it though, antibiotics take their toll and you'll have to take it easy starting back, Hercules :)

    ReplyDelete